Please read these useful suggestions on protecting yourselves and your
assets throughout the festive period.
– Keep access doors to your property locked even when you’re in. Thieves are
often opportunistic chancing their luck to steal valuables and Christmas
– During the shopping madness always keep handbags/purses/wallets/mobile
phones secure to avoid being pick pocketed.
– Businesses often close or have skeleton staff throughout the festive
period. Ensure you maximise your security at this time to prevent becoming a
– Going to be out or away over Christmas? Use timers on lights to come on in
the evening. Always set your alarm and secure your property. Ask a friend or
neighbour to keep an eye on your house.
– Avoid walking home on your own late at night. Equip yourself with plenty
of taxi numbers and ensure you keep some money aside for the fare. Book
early! Minimal street lighting in the early hours, whilst walking alone can
make you particularly vulnerable to crime.
– Don’t leave presents, Christmas shopping or other valuables visible in
your car to tempt break-ins.
– Be careful when using social media sites posting all of the fabulous, top
of the range presents you’ve received. Be mindful that it may not just be
friends who see this!
– Do not leave empty boxes particularly for mobile phones or tablets in your
recycling for everyone to see what brand new very re-sellable items you’ve
Most importantly of all, have a very Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year
from all at K9 Patrol.