Worried about the security at your workplace? Follow our simple steps that could prevent a break-in at work!
Thieves target thousands of businesses every year, they cause havoc, create a mess and leave company owners with little choice but to claim through their insurance company. We’re not happy about this at K9 Patrol so we came up with a few ideas of how you can protect your company and keep it safe from criminals.
- Upgrade security features: Wireless alarms and CCTV systems are highly effective at warning off thieves. Plus if you install industrial grade locks they’ll slow burglars down and the last thing they want is to be on a site any longer than they have to be when an alarm is ‘screaming’ in the background. Plus if you install security grills at the windows, fit laminated glass and protect the exterior of the building from ram raiders using bollards you’ll deter the most determined of thieves.
- Light up your premises at night: Fit good quality security lighting that’s designed to activate when intruders are on site. If somebody is stupid enough to break into your building when they are bathed in the spotlight they deserve all the punishment that is due to them.
- Keep valuables out of sight: Lock petty cash tins in safes, leave tills open and empty, take expensive stock out of window displays if you have to. If opportunistic thieves see that there’s nothing on show they are much more likely to take their pilfering elsewhere.
- Train staff to be savvy: Ask staff to be more observant and get them to report any suspicious activity to you. They could look for customers that take an overly active interest in your security systems for example or report any vehicles that seem to be loitering outside for no apparent reason.
- Get professional help: Enlist the team at K9 to improve your security measures or some other industry-approved service. Manned guards, car park assistance and state-of-the-art security systems are our specialty and we’d be glad to assist in any way that we can.