Most homeowners pay close attention to protection around the house but how many of you think about beefing up security for your garage?
Most homeowners pay close attention to protection around the house but how many of you think about beefing up security for your garage? Whether you have a garage that is attached to the home or a standalone unit, there’s a whole host of products you can use to keep your car and your other belongings safe during your absence. Here are a few examples.
- Security lighting: A dark and dingy driveway is the perfect cover for a thief. Wearing dark clothing they’ll be a mere shadow as they make their way up your driveway to the garage and all the wonders that lie inside. Blind them with infared lighting, see them scarper down the street.
- Intruder alarm: Wire the garage up to the main house alarm or furnish it with its own intruder alarm system. Have an audible warning if somebody breaks a window or tries to force open the door, burglars will soon disappear when a loud siren is screeching in their ears.
- Security posts: Pull up or drop-down posts are good security measures, place them in front of your garage door and thieves can’t drive away in your car. Choose locking posts that can be secured into place at night or whenever your car is parked up in the garage.
- Extra locks: Fit industrial grade locks to the garage door and make life more complicated for thieves. Don’t make do with the flimsy locks that come with the garage doors as standard, they’re not much of a challenge for experienced criminals.
- CCTV camera: Keep your eyes on your garage at all times and remotely record any suspicious activities. The latest IP camera systems enable you to track activity over the internet wherever you are and it’s a good option if you have items in your garage you want to protect.
These are just a few suggestions for garage security from the team at K9 Patrol, feel free to contact us with your own ideas.